Tout Va Bien

I was going to be in Manhattan this weekend, and I'm highly regretting staying in Boston. As this Linsanity trend continues, the rest of my family found themselves all over the TVs of New York cheering for the Harvard graduate. It's not the same in Boston as watching Knicks games surrounded by New Yorker Knicks fans (I mean, before Lin, why would anyone be a Knicks fan unless he or she was from New York?). Besides all this basketball talk, I am here to introduce you to my new found hidden French gem in the heart of the best city in the world: Tout Va Bien. 

It was 10:30pm, and my brother and I just got out of Jersey Boys. We wandered around the Theater District and by chance encountered Tout Va Bien. We walk into a quite dingy looking restaurant/bar, and it had the very familiar scent of a fraternity house. We were hungry; they had a traditional French menu. My brother and I decided to share a few starters. 

Warm goat cheese salad

Pate Maison


French onion soup

Escargot


I am a huge fan of French food, and I think I just about ordered the basics for a great comforting meal. Basically, I need to go back here for a full dinner to try the bouillabaisse and frog legs. It was easy to get a table that late, and they offer a pre-theater prix fixe menu option. I think it turns into a European bar scene later on it the evening, and we got there during their transition time. The wait staff were all young and French, and our waitress even gave us a sad face when we said we were going to pass on dessert. I highly recommend this place if you're in the area; it offers great solid traditional faire that will slap a smile on your face. If you're looking for French, this place is more French than France. 



Tout Va Bien
311 W 51st Street
New York, NY

Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee