Greek Corner: Gyros on Mass Ave.

I've never been to a Greek restaurant before. I've been to Greek delis for gyros, but that's about it. So I was very excited when Doug suggested that we go to Greek Corner, located on Massachusetts Avenue in Cambridge. 

Again, the cross-culturally accepted fried calamari. 

I'm pretty sure we all got the gyro sandwich plate. It was good amounts of lamb balanced with salad and some fries (other option being rice pilaf). The only glaring problem: I wish the pita were freshly baked. 

We also shared a baklava dessert, which was served rather questionably (reference photo below), but we ate it down to the last crumb. 

For our three course meal, it was about $20 a person, including tip. Not bad for an off-campus venture. Overall, It was enjoyable, but I'm definite there are more things to try from Greek culture than lamb kebab. Next time!

Greek Corner
2366 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02140

Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee