Just got back to New Orleans from New York and a family holiday to Italia (photos to come)! After some time away from the south, I was really missing barbecue. Lucky me, the first day back I went grocery shopping, there was a pack of country style ribs on sale. Got the pack, seasoned the ribs, slow baked them in my skillet, and had amazing tender barbecue all in less than 2 hours. So easy, so good, so can't believe I didn't try making my own ribs until now.
Next time I'm going to try making my own char siu honey soy sauce!
Barbecue country style ribs
2 lb bone in country style ribs
1/2 tsp Cajun spice (Slap Ya Mama spicy)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/3 cup barbecue sauce *
1. Mix together all spices and rub seasoning onto ribs
2. Preheat oven to 315F
3. Line ribs on roasting rack and bake for 90 minutes or until ribs are tender
4. Brush barbecue sauce on ribs and broil on high for 3-5 minutes
5. Remove from oven and serve!
* For barbecue sauce, I used Jay D's hand crafted Louisiana small batch barbecue sauce that I got for free (best swag bag ever!) from a lecture I attended at the Southern Food and Beverage Museum.