Chinese food soothes my soul


What a time to be alive and healthy. These past few weeks have been filled with uncertainty, teetering on chaos. Chinatown is empty, and I've never felt so judged on subways. This will all pass, but not without serious economic and social repercussions. All I know is that America loves it Chinese cuisine, and that now is not the time to be turning your backs on your Chinese communities. 

I want to share my recent experience in China with you, in hopes to inspire you to go out and get yourself some Chinese food today. Here are photos of all the healing, soothing, filling Chinese food I ate when I was in Jiangsu and Hunan back in November. I haven't been in China only for a few years, and every visit is an eye opening experience, but this time was something else. The expansion of China's cities was humbling, the nature positively magnificent, and the food always inspiring. 

I could not get enough of my daily morning congee. I realized the nourishing power of having warm liquids in the morning and tea throughout the day. All the ingredients used in the food we had were regionally sourced and local specialties. The spiciness of Hunan food was addicting. I love how unique the flavors are to every corner of the provinces, yet rice and noodles are ubiquitous staples everywhere. Everyone used chopsticks and ate out of bowls. I got used to it all immediately. It was all comforting, appetizing, and delicious. As all great food should be. 




















Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee