Pecan coconut pear crisp
3 medium pears, sliced thinly or into small chunks with skin on
3/4 cup apple sauce (I just so happened to have some homemade apple sauce on hand!)
1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup pecans, crushed
1/4 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 tbsp of butter, a little warmer than room temp
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp all spice
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix the butter, brown sugar, flour, oats, spices, pecans, and coconut flakes until crumbly. (Easier if you get down and dirty with your hands)
3. In a square baking dish, spread the sliced sliced pears and apple sauce evenly.
4. Top the crumble mixture over the apples evenly.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
✓ whole grains
✓ nuts and healthy fats