*Much shout out to the community garden at the Green School and its bountiful herb garden.
Pesto veggie flatbread (serves 2-4)
1 pizza crust (you can make your own or buy pre-made / frozen)
1/3 cup homemade pesto
1/3 cup mozzarella (I used pearls, shredded works too)
2 tbs parmesan, grated or crumble
1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 bell pepper, sliced
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tbs white wine
1 tbs balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
1. In an iron skillet on high heat, brown shallots in olive oil.
2. Add mushrooms. Sautee with white wine** and balsamic vinegar.
3. Mix in peppers, galic powder, and Italian seasoning. Set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 425F
5. Brush pizza crust with olive oil, spread pesto generously.
6. Top with sauteed vegetables. Evenly distribute mozzarella and parmesan.**
7. Bake for 15-20 min or until cheese is browned and blistering.
8. Top with fresh arugula and serve!
**Rules of my fridge: always have 2+ cheeses and white wine stocked