A case of the leftovers: Chicken and peas orecchiette

I always seem to have leftover chicken in my refrigerator. I find it extremely difficult sometimes to prepare  single-sized portions for myself, so it's always good to have a few extra ingredients around to recreate your leftovers.

Recommendations:
pasta- buy a few different kinds, so you're not always stuck eating penne
frozen vegetables- the easiest solution to a long day. In my fridge, you will find frozen peas, broccoli, and corn. 
box of salad-  quick way to add a vegetable side dish to every meal 


So with my leftover chicken, I whipped together a very simple pasta over salad.

Chicken and peas orecchiette
3oz chicken (shredded)
1/2 cup orecchiette
1/2 cup peas
2 tablespoon olive oil
salt, pepper
optional: 1 cup arugula

1. Cook the orecchiette and remember to add salt to the boiling water.
2. Sautee the frozen peas in olive oil. Add the chicken once the peas are thawed.
3. Add the pasta into the pea and chicken mixture. Sprinkle black pepper liberally.
4. Serve over arugula

And there you have it. A meal that will take less than 15 minutes to make that will totally transform your leftover chicken bits.

Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee