Cheesy Grits


On gloomy mornings, I always try to put together a scrumptious breakfast to make my day brighter. And when it's cold out, I need something hearty to fill my belly up. So what can do the job better than some cheesy grits? Served with your favorite eggs and some salad (I had it with my green crab salad), and you pretty much got all your food groups covered. What a way to start the day, huh?

Cheesy Grits (serves 2)
2 1/4 cup water
1/2 cup old fashioned grits
1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp Cajun spice
optional: garnish with scallion/green onion

1. Boil water in a small sauce pan.
2. Stir in grits.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover.
4. Cook 10-12 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
5. Incorporate cheese, garlic powder, and Cajun spice.

And definitely serve with a runny egg!

Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee