Green Crab Salad



After yoga a few Monday evenings ago, I wanted to eat something refreshing (it's still 70 degrees in New Orleans on most days) to refuel. Because chicken and tuna salad are too basic, I came up with a light and delicious salad using crab meat. It's a great burst of flavor, mix of textures, and goes great on sourdough bread, over a bed or arugula, in a whole wheat wrap, or even pressed in an English muffin with cheese. And as always, I had to add my New Orleans twist and used pecans, Creole mustard, green onion, and Cajun seasoning. I need that heat now!

Green Crab Salad (serves 6)
1 cup crab meat, shredded
1 cup celery, chopped
1 cup green grapes, halved
1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
1/2 cup pecans, roasted
1/2 cup dried cranberries
3 tbs mayonnaise - I used olive oil mayo for the first time
1 tbs mustard - I also used Creole mustard for the first time
1/4 tsp Cajun Seasoning (Slap Ya Mama, hot)
1 tbs lemon juice

1. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Refrigerate or serve immediately

✓ unsaturated fats
✓ fiber
✓ protein 
✓ vegetables
✓ fruit



Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee