Kung Fu Xiao Long Bao

After pulling some major strings, I got myself into a private taste testing at the soon to be opened Kung Fu Xiao Long Bao on Main Street Flushing. (Just kidding, my good family friend is opening his new restaurant soon, and wanted to give it a test run.) If you've been reading my blogposts for some time, you know I love me some xiao long baos/steamed soup dumplings (456, Gourmet Dumpling House, Dumpling Cafe). So I obviously jumped at the chance to sample some at a new restaurant in a prime location.



Since it was a tasting, there was a limited selection available that afternoon. We started with scallion pancakes, which were made thin and crispy, as they should be. We had some xiao long baos next, and to my surprise, they were quite hefty! Freshly steamed and overflowing with juice, there is no skimping out on the soup at this joint!
The same can be said about the super delicious pan fried dumplings. They were seared to a nice golden brown, the skin was a proper thickness and texture, and the best part was the juiciness of the meat when you bite into them. What a pleasant surprise. I definitely need some more of those soon. On the same level were the pan fried pork buns. They were sprinkled with raw scallion, which gave them an extra delightful bite.
  


Other things to try:
- dumplings in soup: the dumplings are filled with succulent shrimp and the broth is savory and light
- sticky rice dumplings: these are surprisingly hard to come by nowadays, so I was really excited to have some!
- vegetable buns: the dough is kneaded in house, so these are a must!
- Jasmine milk tea shake with boba: very fragrant Jasmine shake that's not too sweet... just right for me.

As I mentioned, they're located on Main Street right next to Imperial Taiwanese Gourmet, so definitely check them out now at their Facebook page, and then check them out after their grand opening on August 1st!

Kung Fu Xiao Long Bao
59-16 Main Street
Flushing, New York 11355

Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee