E.A.T.


Eli Zabar's E.A.T. on the Upper East Side is a staple for deli eats and brunch. I went with my grandmother and brother one very rainy morning, and we enjoyed a very comfortable meal, watching pedestrians dodge the unexpected storm.

Though I went to school a few blocks away from E.A.T. and passed by every morning during my commute, I've never actually been inside. Recently, my mom told me that she went there for breakfast and enjoyed their bread selection and jam. She said it was comparable to Le Pain and she even preferred E.A.T.'s. I thought that was quite a bold statement, but when my brother showed me photos of his ham and eggs with sliced bagels, I figured I had to go try for myself.

 
I had the ratatouille omelette and a grapefruit half, and my brother had the fried eggs and ham with a plain bagel on the side. We also had an order of whitefish salad, which I was a huge fan of, and we even had to order additional bagels to eat it with.

 
They also have a take out/grocery area that has a wide selection of salads, seafoods, meats, desserts, and a lot more other prepared foods by the pint or pound, and I am very tempted to try one of their picnic packages!

 
The food is simple, comforting, and a bit overpriced, but it's a solid place for brunch, and I hear their high stacked lunch sandwiches are a must-try!





E.A.T.
1064 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10028

Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee