Dumpling Cafe

I always walk by Dumpling Cafe, and I finally went with Lukas because I was craving xiao long baos like no other. As previously mentioned, the Shanghainese pork dumplings  are one of my favorite things to eat, and I am in search of the best place to get them in Boston. 

Dumpling Cafe's soup dumplings are good (definitely better than Gourmet Dumpling House's). The skin is an acceptable thickness, though a bit on the sticky side, and the pork and soup are deliciously savory and fragrant. We also ordered a stir-fried string beans and beef and Shanghai braised noodles. The string beans hit the spot and so did the flavor of the noodles, but I wish the noodles were a bit thicker and less limp. 

I must say that I intend on returning soon because I love my Shanghainese food and dumplings. 

--edit: their noodles are actually Taiwanese styled noodles. This might explain the texture of the noodles? It still has the same flavors. 




Dumpling Cafe
695 Washington Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02111

Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee