NYC LDR


When you're in a long distance relationship with home, you always make the most of it when you visit. I've been living this point-based jetsetter bicoastal lifestyle these past few months and am genuinely grateful for being closer to family and friends and shocked that I've been able to maintain my health (shoutout to my elixir) with all this flying across the country.

I love being home. I love finding new neighborhood bagel spots and delicious pizzas. I love how there's a never ending list of restaurants, cafes, and museums to visit. New York has never ceased to amaze me. How am I so blessed to have the best hometown in the world?

Special shoutouts:
2nd Avenue Deli (162 E 33rd Street) - when my parents want diner food, I usually suggest that we head over to 2nd Ave Deli. This is my neighborhood Jewish Kosher spot. They have the pastrami, corned beef, and rainbow cookies. These days I prefer a plain omelet with challah and warming up with a matzo ball soup. Your meal always ends with a shot of chocolate soda.

August Gatherings (266 Canal Street) - the chef's original concept was elevated Chinese food. The vibe is definitely modern and the dishes scream homestyle Cantonese meets 2018 NYC. I love the array of vegetables - their sauteed okra and mushroom claypot rice are my favorites. The use of western ingredients with traditional Chinese cooking style is both inventive and mouthwatering.

Bagel Express III (340 3rd Avenue) - this is my new neighborhood bagel spot! My goodness, the moment I walked in and saw how plump those babies were. I knew. God send. The Bagel Cafe down the block from me serves overpriced stale bagels, so I am thankful that a couple more blocks down there is a legit spot to get my breakfast necessities. You know it's fresh when you don't even want to get it toasted. My go-to: tomato, egg, and cheese on an everything bagel (pictured above).

Milano Market (1582 3rd Avenue) - this is the dream. An Italian deli with hot sandwiches and a vast selection of olive oils. I got a breaded eggplant on a hero with pesto, vodka, and marinara sauce + mozzarella. 10/10 would go back. Trust me.





Matzo ball soup and sliced challah from 2nd Ave Deli

The biggest chocolate chip cookie from my upper east side Le Pain

Views from the Guggenheim

My Pie Pizzeria Romana

The tree at the Met

My grandmother's perfectly medium boiled egg

Picasso at the Guggenheim


"Baby, it's cold outside" at The Smith

From Anita's, my neighborhood deli

Steamed egg in tart at August Gatherings

Triple S eggplant sandwich from Milano Market





Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee