Honey lemon ginger emergen-tea elixir

for fighting off colds and soothing your insides 


Having a side of Belle Chasse navel orange slices with my elixir made with local honey

Now that I'm working in a hospital, I know I'm being exposed to a lot more germs. It's inevitable. But if you keep yourself healthy and in tiptop shape, you don't have to be worried about seeing so many patients on the daily. One way I keep my immune system strong is with my lemon honey elixir. It's no secret; you can get it at most cafes and bakeries in Hong Kong. But in celebration of the Winter Solstice, the seasonal version of this wonderful drink is made with ginger to warm your body. 

Honey lemon ginger emergen-tea elixir (2 servings)
6 - 8 generous slices of ginger
2 tbs honey
2 cups water
half a lemon, sliced

1. Seep ginger slices in boiling hot water 
2. Add slice lemons and to ginger water and gently mash 
3. Mix in honey 

✓ Vitamin C

Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee