Meals From the Heart Cafe, New Orleans


Last week when I was working at Ochsner's cardiac rehab facility, there was a lot of discussion on finding places to eat out that wouldn't take too much of a toll on your blood pressure/ cholesterol/ heart/ body. My preceptor highly recommended Meals From the Heart Cafe in the French Market and especially their crab cake. 

The cafe prides themselves in offering heart healthy fresh foods with vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free options. I talked to the people behind the counter, and they told me that they are in the works of putting something together with the new VA hospital complex opening on Canal because of their heart healthy menu options.

When I sat down, I was offered a clementine. I ordered a carrot orange ginger juice and I had to try the crab cake passion, which is pure lump crabmeat served with fresh mixed greens, ripe tomatoes and house garlic-lemon Remoulade sauce. It was a delicious post-run lunch and the perfect time of year to walk around the French Market to get a jump start on Christmas shopping. 

So if you ever need a break from all the fried, smothered, and southern food in NOLA, definitely stop by Meals From the Heart for a refreshing and satisfyingly light meal. 





Meals From the Heart Cafe
1100 N. Peters St., #13 / French Market
New Orleans, LA

Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee