Shake Shack


So today is apparently National Burger Day? I wish I was informed because then I wouldn't have had a roast beef po-boy for lunch #nolaproblems. Maybe I'll get a burger from Phil's Grill this weekend, but for now I will just post about one of my favorite and one of the most well known burger places in the city: Shake Shack. 

It almost seems like a waste of time telling you that you have to go try Shake Shack because everyone has been and everyone knows what it is about. But let me tell you if you are going to Shake Shack and ordering a cheese/hamburger, then you're doing it all terribly wrong. Because I'm going to put this out there -- the burgers are Shake Shack are mediocre at best. If you want a burger, head uptown to JG Melon (post coming soon, I promise) or St. Mark's to Paul's

Instead, what you have to get at Shake Shack is the 'shroom burger. That's right. The most famous NYC burger chain is best at making a vegetarian burger. It's a meaty breaded portobello mushroom stuffed with melted cheese and served with tomato and a leaf of lettuce on their soft potato bun. No ketchup or sauces needed. It's got texture and hot melted stringy cheese oozing out. Why would you get anything else? Oh, and do not forget the cheese fries (they're not crinkled anymore! The blasphemy!) and a strawberry milk shake. 

I may be biased, but I grew up a few blocks away from Madison Square Park, so clearly the flagship Shake Shack is my favorite location to go. Even this many years later, there is still always an impossibly long line to the front window. It's part of the experience though, so if you have an hour to spare, you should definitely head to my hood and get some Shake Shack. 





Okay fine. Even though I am loving New Orleans, I do get a little home sick. I can't wait to head home Columbus Weekend to get some pizza, bagels, baguettes, dim sum, and shroom burgers. 


Shake Shack
Madison Square Park
New York, NY 

Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee