Hop Shing


My last meal in New York before I made my drive down to New Orleans was at Hop Shing. I have no idea how long this place has been opened, but I know that it has been decades and it is still one of the busiest places to get a dim sum fix. They open at 7am every morning, so this is the perfect place to hit up before a golf outing, a flight, or a long road trip. But if you do go that early (or pretty much any time of the day), be prepared to be seated at a table with a few other elderly Chinese men. These guys just hang out there and eat char siu baos and drink coffee all day. I swear. 

What you have to order:
  • baked char siu bao (pork bun)
  • beef rice rolls
  • beef ball 
... and all your usual dim sum favorites of course! 


I really don't eat here enough because I usually get dim sum at Ping's with my entire family, but this is the ideal place for a cheap and casual delicious dim sum meal. 

Hop Shing
9 Chatham Square
New York, NY

Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee