Olivier's, New Orleans



Today I had the best corn bread I can remember. It was served warm and soaking in honey butter. I took a bite and was completely taken aback. Why was it so delicious?? It was more sponge-like than cake-like, but that just worked perfectly with the honey butter. I hate using this word, but this was most definitely a foodgasm

I also had the barbecue shrimp with a rosemary biscuit that was delightful. Like the French, Creole cuisine really has their sauces down: savory, flavorful, and full-bodied. It went perfectly with the fragrant rosemary biscuit. The turnip greens were salty as expected, but also exactly how you would want them to taste. 

All in all this was just a good old Creole meal. The best part though was definitely how every time I asked for something, the waiter would respond, "I got you." He definitely got me with the corn bread and the unsweetened iced tea refills. 

Olivier's
204 Decatur Street
New Orleans, LA

Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee