L'Express, Montreal


Although I didn't make it on my annual Montreal trip this year, I still have fond memories from my last visit. One of my favorite restaurants I got to try in Montreal was L'Express. It's a large windowed classic French bistro with tiled floors and small chairs. 

By far the best part of the restaurant was the large jar of unlimited pickles and mustard at the table. What a dangerous combination to leave alone with diners. For appetizer I had the roasted bone marrow, which is always a personal guilty favorite. 

For main course, Michael had the steak tartar and I had quail special. I really wanted to order the steak tartar because it's a house specialty and because raw beef just makes me drool. But I'm so glad I got the quail because it was so juicy and tender. I've never had quail at a French restaurant before, and I was very impressed with the sauce and preparation. 

If you know you're going to Montreal anytime soon, be sure to make a reservation right now because it's hard to book a table. Unlimited. pickles.  






L'Express
3927 Rue Saint-Denis
Montréal

Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee