Jerk Chicken in Bed-Stuy


I was walking back towards the C train on Ralph Street near Atlantic Avenue after leading a nutrition training workshop. I really needed some lunch, and the only choices were McDonalds and Popeyes, until I noticed a white tent with a grill, smoking away. I went over and asked what they had, and they were serving fries, onion rings, fish sandwiches, and jerk chicken. Well, I was starving, and the guys serving seemed really enthusiastic, so why not? The gentleman chopping up a generous heap of the dry-rubbed smoked chicken for $6 told me it was going to be the best decision I made today, and I must say it really was. 



The last time I had jerk chicken was off the street in Jamaica (not Queens), and this was even better than I remember it. I opened the box on the subway and took a bite out of a drumstick. The chicken was extremely tender that it fell right off the bone. It was extremely aromatic, and it can even be a bit on the spicy side!


Will definitely be picking up another order if I'm ever in the neighborhood again!

Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee