Homemade Chipwiches

Okay, I'm still working on my baking skills, but I wanted to share with you all something that I made that is perfect for the upcoming sizzling hot July 4th weekend!

I love me some good chocolate chip cookies, but to be honest, I'm really not a dessert girl. I much prefer something savory. So when I was trying to clean out my cupboards, I decided to put together some cookies with the remaining semi-sweet chocolate chips, Lay's, and pretzels I had. Oh, and of course I glued them together with some ice cream in between.





Pretzel Chocolate & Potato Chip Cookies
(Makes 24):
2 1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
8 tbsp butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups chocolate chips
1 – 1/2 cups pretzels and potato chips (crushed)

1. Pre-heat oven to 375F (only if you do not intend on refrigerating the dough).
2. Mix flour, baking soda, salt in a bowl; Set aside.
3. Cream butter, sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs to wet mixture, one at a time.
5. Slowly add flour mixture; mixing until fully combined.
6. Fold in chocolate chips and crushed pretzels and potato chips.
7. Scoop out 1-in balls and set on baking sheet about 1.5-2in apart.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes.

Chipwiches
(serves 2):
4 pretzel chocolate and potato chip cookies
2 scoops of ice cream

1. With a freshly baked cookie in hand, scoop a generous portion of ice cream* onto the bottom of one.
2. Squish another cookie over the ice cream.
3. Eat like how you would eat an oreo. Or an ice cream sandwich. Or a chipwich.

*I so conveniently had Ben and Jerry's Half Baked and Strawberry Cheesecake in my freezer.

Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee