Steak 'n' Shake

"Want to go to Steak 'n' Shake? It's the Shake Shack of the Midwest."
Little did I know how confusing this sentence can be. There's no Shake Shack on Broadway. Oh, Midwest, not Midtown West. New Yorkers, how I love you. 

I braved the 27 degree weather with my brother and his friends to check out this newly opened burger chain. They're known for their steakburgers, a burger made of rib eye and New York strip steak. Sounds promising to me. Promising enough for us to wait more than thirty minutes outdoors only to find a continuation of the line inside. Luckily, we snagged a table for 4 people (half the seating available).

...and the burger was very delectable. The use of steak made it a leaner burger, but this was exactly what I needed to heal me from the bitter winds of the streets of New York. 


The hand cut fries satisfied my craving perfectly, though I wish the cheese didn't come in a separate container. I also had a vanilla milkshake, and my brother's friend had a banana milkshake that was surprisingly not artificial tasting. 

I can only imagine how long the lines will be come summertime. Hopefully they can find a way to accommodate more than 8 seats for customers. Oh, I forgot to mention the best part. It costs about half the price of Shake Shack. Don't get me wrong, I will opt for a shroom burger over a steakburger any day, but a steakburger with fries is only $5.99. 

Steak 'n' Shake
1695 Broadway
New York, NY

Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee