Budapest, Hungary

Hungry in Hungary? Not so much. I knew that Eastern European food was supposed to be heavy, but I did not expect to be full for more than 10 hours at a time. In a country where there is great Ottoman, Nazi, and Soviet impact, the cuisine is something I've never tried before. The common use of sausage and sour cream in everything ranging from goulash to rice to pasta is very novel (and heavy) to me. Also common? Ruin pubs, which are bars built in abandoned buildings and factories. Great concept. However, their concept of dumplings  was rather of a shock to me, for it is small pieces of chewy dough. But nonetheless, the beers and the paprika made up for everything and warmed me up from the cold weather and dreary history of the city. 




 













Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee