No. 9 Park

Not going to lie, I'm very spoiled when it comes to food. My mom's hobby for awhile was trying new restaurants, and living in New York City makes that immensely easy. We average eating out probably 3-4 times a week, especially since I no longer live at home full-time. Therefore one of the things I miss most when I'm living in Boston is haute cuisine. It's hard to find a group of friends willing to invest more $20 a meal at this age. And it's even harder to get by when every time you call home, your family is having a casual lunch at Les Halles or just another dinner at Daniel. 

So last Spring, I made a few restaurant week reservations and ended up dining at No.9 Park with Victor and Chelsea. First off, we made the wrong reservation. Instead of March, Chelsea had somehow booked our table for May, so there was no way of getting seated with the restaurant week menu, so we made the decision to try to regular dining room. I think it was the right way to go. I had such a memorable meal there (it helped that the waiter didn't card us when we ordered a bottle of red wine), that I brought my mom and grandma when they drove me up to Boston for school. 

No. 9 Park offers a three course prix-fixe menu for $69, and this is what I ordered: 

Toasted golden beets- served with Constant Bliss, a semi soft Vermont cheese, walnuts, and petite greens. 

Pekin Duck Breast- confit leg, baby vegetables, prune plums

Poppy Seed Cake- with blackberries, sour cream, and violets

Barbara Lynch's No. 9 Park is nestled right at the end of the Boston Commons and at the start of the busy Park Street. Their dining room is intimate and comfortable, and their staff is very attentive and professional. The meal is definitely worth the price, and I even remember that I ordered a pork belly and a divine fig cake more than a year ago. The menus options have both French and Italian influences and are prepared in a modern fare. They incorporate a lot of locally attained seasonal foods, and also serve a chef's tasting menu that changes regularly. This is a must-go location in Beantown for special occasions or anniversaries. 

No. 9 Park
9 Park Street
Boston, MA 02108

Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee