Bouley revisited

Funny how I actually went to Bouley again this weekend, after initially writing about it when I first revamped my blogging.

Even with the new location, the entrance was still a room filled with apples and the architecture was again beautifully vaulted ceilings. 100% for ambiance: tall candles, soft lighting, lush carpets.

I didn't do the tasting menu because I know I always eat too much bread. This time around, I had these to choose from (listed in the order of my preference): black currant, pepper, baguette, olive, and sourdough.

I started with the foie gras. Haven't had it in awhile, so I thought I would indulge. It was seared perfectly and served with some shredded dried fruit, which pairs well with the fatty liver.


For my main course, I decided to try the venison because I've never had it before. It tasted like beef, but had a tougher texture. Not something that I'd try again, per se.


However, my brother ordered the duck and it was delicious. I usually would recommend anyone to order duck at French restaurants, and the same goes for Bouley. The meat was tender and the skin was slightly crisp.


Instead of dessert, I ordered a cheese platter because when I studied abroad in Annecy/Talloires, every meal ended with an assortment of cheese.


Finally, the meal ended with petit fours. There were a couple notable pieces: a pistachio macaron and a shortbread cookie dipped in white chocolate.


This was definitely a very enjoyable meal and it lasted a bit more than three and a half hours. The tasting menu goes for $125 per person and includes six courses, and an entree is about $35. I'd say if you really want to try Bouley, go for the lunch prix fixe menu for $48.
Perfect for close friends and/or special occasions.


Bouley
163 Duane Street
New York, NY 10013

Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee