The pleasure and privilege of eating out

 

If you haven't noticed, I eat out a lot. That's how my family bonds. We enjoy sharing food together,  trying new restaurants, and pretending we're big time food critics (the entire basis of this long running food blog). Eating out can be comforting. Having someone provide a warm meal and not having to think about food prep or doing dishes is a luxury I'm willing to indulge in. Fine dining is also an experience that I love to savor. When the staff is well trained, the service is seamless as if choreographed. 

But what's most important to me is the passion behind the plates. I can really taste when there's heart and effort in the cooking, versus when it's just prepared because it had to be. The restaurant industry is competitive and demanding, and I don't know how people find the mental fortitude. I'm grateful for the kitchen staff, the wait staff, and everyone in between that makes the restaurant industry possible and for keeping me very well fed! 

Featured above: Her Name is Han, one of my go-to set lunch spots right outside K-town. 

Delicious hearty homestyle Brasilian plates at Sabor Unido in Newark, NJ

Brunch at Boucherie Union Square

Le Bernardin starters

Always gotta give a shoutout to Ping's, the best in the game

Three Roosters, dependable Thai chicken (fried, grilled or poached)
and rice (sticky or jasmine ginger!)


The Bao, serving solid Shanghainese inspired dishes on St. Marks


Luthun, the new favorite!
$125 innovative, delicious, flavorful tasting menu in the East Village

@thesucculentchef vegan Sunday suppers meal plans!

SungBookDong BBQ in Little Neck, NY

Main St. Imperial, long standing homestyle Taiwanese deliciousness

Ma's Soulfood Plus veggie plate goodness
Ginger and Lemongrass' fried catfish bun

Hangawi, a beautiful Korean vegan experience


Sofia's of Little Italy - underrated for sure.
Love their lobster seafood pasta and whole grilled branzino!

Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee