Shrimp tacos with pineapple salsa


I made tacos 3 times this week. I don't even eat tacos like that, but I guess I'm assimilating to LA life now. It all started with homemade vegan al pastor tacos for taco Tuesday when Chris and I marinated some ground soy meats in pureed pineapple and made the most delicious salsa verde. The leftover fixings were incorporated into breakfast tacos, and the leftover tortillas were saved for Sunday shrimp tacos. The best shrimp tacos I've ever had were in San Diego, but let me tell you how delectable my shrimp are and how I now have the recipe for the most delicious shrimp tacos ever. It's a lot of ingredients to get the flavors down, but trust me, it's so worth it! 


Shrimp tacos with pineapple salsa (serves 2)
6 corn tortillas
1/2 avocado
Deliciously delectable shrimp*
Pineapple salsa**
Salsa verde ***
Limes, cut into quarters

1. Heat or toast corn tortilla to preference 
2. Top with shrimp, pineapple salsa, and avocado
3. Serve with salsa verde and lime wedges 

*Deliciously delectable shrimp:
1 lb shrimp
1 tbsp flour
2 tbsp corn meal 
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt  
1/4 tsp Cajun spice
1/4 c peanut oil 

1. Toss shrimp in flour, corn meal, and all the spices  
2. In a large skillet, heat peanut oil over medium high heat
3. Space shrimp out on skillet in 1 layer
4. Sear each side ~2-3 minutes until golden brown

**Pineapple salsa:
1/4 c pineapple, finely chopped
1/4 c red onion, minced
1/4 c cilantro, minced
8 cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
2 tbsp lime juice 

1. Mix all ingredients 

***Salsa verde
1/2 bunch cilantro
1/2 avocado
1/4 white onion 
3 tomatillos
2 jalapeno peppers 
2 cloves garlic 
1/4 c water 
2 tbsp lime juice

1. Blend all ingredients together until smooth 



Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee