An ode to tacos


I thought I've been eating tacos my entire life, but it really wasn't tacos until I had them in Southern California. Like chicken and rice, taco trucks have this addictive life changing ability. My first stop after anyone lands in LAX after dinner time (including myself) is obviously a taco truck. My favorites are al pastor, cabeza, buche, and lengua. No two trucks or stands do them the same, but they're always absolutely delicious. It's the perfect pit spot and late night stop. Sometimes I'll even have a horchata (milky rice drink), but most times I prefer the jamaica (hibiscus) juice. When will taco trucks become an East Coast thing also? Meat shreds on tortillas with onion, cilantro, avocado sauce, hot sauce, and limes. How can you go wrong? 

Special shout out: Tacos El Gordo in San Diego. Hands down best al pastor I've ever had in my life. And I've had quite a lot since moving out west. 





Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee