Smoked Turkey and Shrimp Spaghettini

'Tis the week before Thanksgiving, so it's the time of year when you see more turkey, sweet potato, and pumpkin in every recipe. Since Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays (what's not to like about being grateful for all that you have and a celebration with a feast?), I of course have to a shout out post featuring a version of its main star: the turkey. 


In my household, there's actually never a turkey on the table. Let's be honest: turkey is so dry and so much white meat. Instead, we opt for a delicious Cantonese style roasted whole pig (the amazing leftover ribs lasts for weeks!). But because of my FOMO, I do always try to have some turkey. Years ago it was turkey meatloaf, last year was turkey gumbo, and this time around I'll be doing a turkey sausage jambalaya! 

So in the turkey spirit, last week I bought a smoked turkey leg at the grocery store which was about the size and weight of my upper arm. I had plenty of leftovers, so I put it together with some gulf shrimp, cherry tomatoes, and spaghettini over arugula for a delicious dinner! 

Smoked turkey and shrimp spaghettini (serves 4)
1 pack spaghettini
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
4 oz smoked turkey, sliced 
1 lb shrimp, peeled and de-veined
3 tbs olive oil 
1/4 cup white wine (I used pinot grigio)
5 cloves garlic, slivered  
2 heads scallion, diced 
1/2 tsp Cajun spice
1/2 tsp black pepper 
2 cups arugula 

1. Cook spaghettini in boiling salted water as directed by the package
2. In a deep pan, brown garlic and scallion in 1 tbs olive oil
3. Add turkey and stir-fry
4. Once turkey is slightly seared, add white wine and tomatoes 
5. Add shrimp and stir -fry with Cajun spice and black pepper 
6. Once shrimp changes color thoroughly, incorporate spaghettini and olive oil. 
7. Mix well and serve over arugula 




Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee