Homemade tomato bruschetta


When god give you tomatoes, you make tomato sauce. Or bruschetta. Down here in Louisana, it's the last of the tomato season so sometimes I come home from the farmers market with more than a dozen tomatoes for no more than $5. It's a no brainer to make sauce, but I was undoubtedly inspired by my favorite hometown neighborhood Italian restaurant to make my own bruschetta. When I was in New York, I had dinner at Trattoria Belvedere, and they gave each of us a generous helping of fresh tomato bruschetta on thick cut grilled Italian bread. So fresh and so good that I had to try making it at home! 


Homemade tomato bruschetta (serves 2-3)
1 tomato, chopped
6 cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup of basil, chopped 
2 tbs olive oil 
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 pinch of brown sugar 
salt and black pepper to taste

1. Mix olive oil, vinegar, basil, garlic, and brown sugar in a bowl. Mix well and salt and pepper to taste.
2. Toss in tomatoes.
3. For best results, refrigerate at least 2-3 hours before serving.

Serve with good cheese and bread!

✓ vegetable
✓ vitamin C 
✓ unsaturated fat
✓ fiber


Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee