Green Goddess, New Orleans


Nestled in one of the most picturesque alleyways in the French Quarter is the unassuming Green Goddess, a restaurant serving new American/Southern/Louisiana cuisine. I remember my cousin telling me about their sweet potato biscuits before moving down here to New Orleans, so clearly I had to try them out. 

The first time I ate at Green Goddess was actually with Henok probably back in September. I figured it would be a good place to bring a vegetarian, and it was! They have a lot of vegetarian friendly options (though they also list some pescatarian options as vegetarian...), and he tried  the uttapam, which is kind of a like a crepe topped with coconut curry. I had the crab special, which was lump crab meat served with squash and salad.

Since that warm September evening, I have had brunch at Green Goddess, and I must say that their sweet potato biscuits with pepper jelly are pretty darn delicious. I had yet another crab special last weekend, which was a crispy toasted crab melt with Creole mustard. 

If you're in the French Quarter and the weather is nice, I would recommend stopping by Green Goddess for some creative modern goodness. They have about 95% outdoor/alley seating, which couldn't be a more charming and peaceful location to do so. 

Green Goddess
307 Exchange Place
New Orleans, LA

Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee