Eating MyPlate

In celebration of National Nutrition Month, I put together a gallery of my meals. Having studied nutrition for many years and teaching MyPlate for the past few, I just can't help but make half my plate fruits/vegetables and choose lean protein options. There's no recipe in this post, but rather it's a visual guide on how to put together a healthy balanced plate. When I make a meal for myself, I like including as many food groups as possible and to mix it up. Carbs keep me going, protein for recovery, healthy fats to keep me full, and lots of vegetables for the vitamins and fiber. Now that you see how easy it can be, do you think you can do it too? 

Spaghetti in butternut squash sauce, sauteed kale, roasted bell peppers, and ground turkey

Pan seared chicken thigh with avocado and cherry tomatoes over arugula

Fried egg, yellow tomato, and homemade walnut basil pesto on a whole wheat English muffin

Lake Ponchartrain boiled crab and scrambled eggs with fresh tomatoes and arugula

Mushroom quinoa with a caprese salad

Alligator sausage broccoli rabe orecchiette over arugula 

Seared salmon and sauteed kale over tomato rice pilaf

Drunken chicken and sauteed chives with rice

Cheesy chicken and mushroom spaghetti with roasted broccoli and baby spinach salad





Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee