Mishima

Now that I live in Murray Hill, actually recently renamed Rose Hill, I've become a regular at several local restaurants (not that I'm ever in the city). But when I am home, it's almost certain that my family will default to Mishima whenever we don't want to cook dinner or whenever we can't decide what we want to eat. The space is intimate; the restaurant seats no more than twenty or so people. The chef prides himself in using traditional preparation methods and the freshest ingredients, and the waitresses are the friendliest and recognize every face to come in.


We always start with appetizers, so here are a few of my favorites:

  • uni on the half shell
  • crawfish salad roll
  • fried shrimp
  • horse mackerel tataki 
  • avocado salad
  • clam or lobster miso soup
  • mushroom soup


For sashimi and sushi, you can always ask what's fresh or if the chef has any recommendations. Sometimes it's giant clam or striped jack. Others times it can be amberjack or fatty yellowtail. I love their entrees (at lunch and dinner time) because I can always use a miso broiled salmon or grilled yellowtail neck served with brown rice, calm miso soup, and their seasonal sides, salad, and pickled radish. My brother always gets a dragon roll and a shrimp tempura roll, so keep in mind that there are modern Americanized rolls for you to get as well.

... I just pretty much listed their entire menu didn't I? But just a heads up, their menu is constantly changing due to what's available seasonally, so don't go looking for crawfish in the winter or mushroom soup in the summer. Below are some of the many photos I have taken at Mishima. Hope you enjoy the simplicity and freshness of the menu as much as I do!











Mishima
164 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY



Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee