Bistro du Midi

Earlier last month, I invited my cousin and close friends to join me at Bistro du Midi, a restaurant showcasing modern Provençal cuisine. I walked by it several times to Newbury Street from the Chinatown area, and the ground floor always seems lively and there is even outdoor seating in the late summer. 


I started with the mussels, which were in a great garlic and wine broth. 

Jerica ordered the seared foie gras served with chutney and apple fennel juice. 

I ordered the shellfish bouillabaisse, my new favorite dish to order at French restaurants. It is a seafood stew that is usually prepared with fish and flavored with various spices and saffron. 

Megan and Martijn ordered roasted chicken for two that was served with pumpkin and potato, and Jerica had the duck with gnocchi, photographed below. 

For dessert we all shared (from left to right) a hazelnut milk chocolate cake, a fruit crumble, and lavender beignets with chocolate sauce. I'm definitely coming back for the souffles. 

I must say it was a very tasty meal and that I would not mind coming back here again. The food was all great quality, and it was a very comfortable environment to just linger for long conversations or late night drinks. Great place for special occasions, dining to impress, or just an overall satisfying meal. 

Bistro du Midi
272 Boylston Street  
Boston, MA 02116

Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee