NYC is back for the summer

 

Yes, NYC is back in business. This is going to be a hot and wild summer; I can already tell. The city doesn't officially open again until July 1st, but it sure do feel like it's already here. People are out on the streets, there's art, there's music, and it's dirty af out. The beauty of city life. 

It's been exhilarating eating out again. I almost forgot the peace you find in a buzzing cafe. The wonder in discovering a new spot. The joy of diving into an intricately plated dish. The familiar comfort of street food and its vendors. And oh, the variety that NYC has to offer! Thank goodness for immigrants. I am a happier person when I'm in a place where the food is inspiring. There's so much to learn from a people and their food, and I know NYC does it best. It's the seamless multicultural hub for me. 


The Boomer Special at Friend of a Farmer, my go-to brunch splurge

Steamed veggie dumplings at Kung Fu Xiao Long Bao

at times it feels like I need to try every ice cream shop in town; Davey's strawberry is very good


View from the Highline

28th and Madison Halal cart, the falafel platter comes with whatever you like plus fries

Ruby's is in my neighborhood, so I sometimes get the breakfast sandwich stuffed with hasbrown

2nd Ave Deli matzah ball soup is the best there is; their rainbow cookies be hitting too

Vegan mushroom sloppy joe from the new Fat Choy


Benyam was worth the trek to Harlem, I missed my veggie platters!


Tonii's is my top pick for rice noodle rolls atm (after Ping's, but he's beyond the runnings)


Important: there are pao de queijo in the basement of Essex Market

Central Park picnics <3


Forgot how much I love cafe culture!!!

Redeemed my free vaccine fries at the original Madison Sq Park Shake Shack




A perfect matcha and black sesame from Soft Swerve



I get the mushroom pesto garganelli every time I eat at La Pecora Bianca



The tropical egg atop The Peak at Hudson Yards




Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee