Food exchange is my love language

 


My maamaa says I'm lucky because there's always something for me to eat when I visit. I don't think it's lucky. I think it's karma. I always bring food for my aunt and grandparents, so naturally they always want to share with me. And I got good timing. I always arrive during snack time or right after they're done cooking. I'm so grateful that I now live only a few blocks away from my grandparents and that I am always welcome to visit, have a snack, and enjoy a cup of hot tea. It's truly a blessing to have this safe haven. Especially one that's always abundant with delicious homemade food. I love how in Chinese culture we show our love and affection by sharing and exchanging food. This explains so much of who I am today. 














Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee