Chinatown is my second home

 

I love NYC Chinatown. It really raised me. Where would I be without Chinese food? I'm grateful that it brings people together, that the youth are invested in protecting the community, and that the inheritors want to see it flourish. Chinese culture in America is so precious and ever evolving. COVID hit Chinatown hard, and a number of household establishments did not make it. 

Even so, I know my people are resilient and that I can always depend on Chinatown for fresh produce, quick snacks, and delicious meals. My doctor, dentist, watch repair, jeweler, optometrist... all in Chinatown. And you already know no one plays the fruit game better. The dim sum, the dumplings, the noodles. The crowded sidewalks, the endless stalls of produce, and the hoards of people talking at full volume. 

Thank you to my predecessors that came to America and decided to build a community together. Because of y'all, I have Chinatown to call home. 

Dim sum at Ping's, no one does it better





Get your ceramics and kitchen needs from KK Discount on Mulberry St.

The rice noodle game is competitive now, but I love my Tonii's 




Nom Wah ... someone had to bring down all the hipsters


Tai chi at the park keeps me grounded and happy

Only 1 stall does it with seaweed and it's near Mulberry

Fresh moxa





Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee