Nashville, TN


Spent a few days in Nashville with my coworkers for the annual Obesity Week conference. It's hosted by ASMBS and TOS, so most of the attendees are physicians. Great that there was so much talk on effective obesity treatment, but I personally thought that there was no where near enough conversation on prevention medicine. But you know, I'm just a dietitian that loves southern food. So I'll just go on and talk about that instead.

Thank goodness for the south and its hearty stick to your ribs cuisine. Being vegetarian was easier than I anticipated, though I did have to have the fried catfish that was the blue plate special of the day. No regrets. Resisting fried chicken and ribs was surprisingly easy -- I'm telling you, meditation is a very powerful tool. Very grateful for the country music, simple honky tonk dances, and VEGGIE PLATES.

Veggie plate at Puckett's


Fried green tomato and pimento cheese sandwich at Merchant's


The best fried green tomatoes I ever had at Puckett's

Broadway nights




Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee