Passion fruit acai bowls


It's 100F outside in Los Angeles right now. All I can think about are lemonades and frozen drinks. What I would do for a mango daiquiri right now. But because I'm in LA, people don't spend money on daiquiris here. Instead they spend more than twice as much on fresh pressed juices and acai bowls. After having a couple, I quickly realized I was over paying someone to blend fruit for me, so I decided to make my own at home.

All you need is frozen acai, frozen fruits of your choice, fresh fruits of your choices, and toppings of your choice. It really is that easy. The hardest part is probably the patience in plating it so that it turns out as visually appealing at the ones on Instagram. What is LA turning me into.

Perfect for fall in the desert!

Passion fruit acai bowl (makes 2)
2 individual packs frozen acai
4 oz frozen passion fruit pulp
1 Yakult
1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
1/2 mango, sliced
2 tbsp coconut shreds, toasted*
2 tbsp muesli
1 tbsp chia seeds

1. Blend together frozen acai, passion fruit, and Yakult until no chunks remain
2. Pour into 2 separate bowls and top with remaining ingredients to serve

*Spread shredded coconut evenly on toaster oven tray, bake at 325F for about 6-8 minutes or until brown and toasted. Watch carefully, they burn easily!

Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee