Sqirl, Los Angeles



There are quite a few highly coveted brunch spots in LA, and Sqirl is on top of that list. Is it the vegetarian friendliness? Its hipster Silver Lake location? Perhaps the hip young crowd lining out the door? Or the homey menu items and its elevated use of familiar ingredients? Whatever it is, it's also definitely the famed ricotta toast. 

That's right. This thick cut brioche toasted and smeared with ricotta and topped with homemade jam. It was a hefty portion, probably better shared. But it was so good I was totally content with that, my iced cappuccino, and my summer reading (is it really still spring?). I tried both the blackberry meyer lemon and strawberry rhubarb jam. They were both delectably fruity, so I would highly recommend both to my fellow jam lovers. 

Definitely plan on going back for brunch foods and brunch bowls. And will also get another slice of famed ricotta toast.   


Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee