One day in San Diego, CA


When I started planning my 24 hours in San Diego, I only had one objective in mind: eat all the tacos. I drove off straight from a job interview and arrived just in time for happy hour. 

I started at Puesto by La Jolla. They serve fancy tacos and delicious margaritas. My favorite by far was the garlicky mushroom veg taco on a homemade purple tortilla. Amazing vegetarian tacos are hard to come by (sometimes it's just plain lettuce), so I always appreciate an extra yummy one. 

After much time admiring the leisurely life of seals, I went to go meet up with Evan for drinks at Bali Hai. It was the most upscale tiki bar that I have ever been to with sweeping views of the San Diego skyline. It was also the first time I had a mai tai, which they're infamous for. Real talk though, that drink must've been straight rum. 

We kind of failed on the dinner part. We took a little too long with the aperitif and by the time we got to Salvucci's, it was 8:45, and they close at 9pm. Apparently that's normal. We instead shared several appetizers at Stella Public House before heading to Half Door Brewing Co. and a walk through the Gaslamp District. 

The next morning I headed to Pacific Beach for breakfast at Kono's Cafe, a low key surf vibe breakfast joint with oceanfront seating. This was simply the best breakfast burrito I've ever had. The tortilla was soft and the eggs perfectly scrambled. Ample portions, perfect for a full day out. 

After enjoying the beach, Balboa Park, and the marina, it was time for the long drive back to LA. I went to the nearest Oscar's for a final meal, and man did it live up to the hype! Those shrimp tacos seem so simple, but I have never had more delicious ones. Succulent shrimp topped with avocado is just the best. 

Next time: Tacos El Gordo! 

Breakfast burrito at Kono's on Pacific Beach



Shrimp tacos at Oscar's is a must





Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee