Church's Chicken



I don't know why everyone hates on Church's Chicken. This morning I was extra hungry and needed something to hold me over on the way over to Tulane's Crawfest (yes, I needed breakfast before devouring pounds of crawfish boil). Henok suggested getting biscuits and there was conveniently a Church's. Never heard of it until I moved to New Orleans, but it's a southern thing.

I don't remember the last time trying a new fried chicken fast food chain, so I don't have much of a comparison.* But come on now. $1.29 for a spicy thigh and 2 for 1 honey butter biscuits? How could you not. The chicken was juicy and flavorful, and the biscuits were warm and fluffy. Definitely devoured it within minutes of walking out of the joint. I have yet to have Popeye's down here, but Church's isn't bad!


*Nevermind. I tried Chick-fil-a for the first time back in October after a long day of river tubing.

Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee