Summer Arugula Salad

Oh wow, so it's been more than a month! So sorry for the unexpected hiatus, but I guess summer got to me. Well, I just moved into Tulane and after a full week of driving down south savoring lots of barbecue and of course the local New Orleans fare, I must say MAN DO I MISS MY FRUITS AND VEGETABLES! So here's a recipe for the first meal I made in my new home in New Orleans, Louisiana. It's a salad with a little bit of sweet, a little bit of savory, and a little bit of bitter. This dish is perfectly designed to balance out the muggy weather and the unbelievable amount of fried food I've been eating of late. 


Summer Arugula Salad 
1/2 cup arugula
1/2 cup cantaloupe, chopped
1/4 cup blueberries 
2 tbs roasted walnuts
2 tbs roasted macadamia nuts 
1 tbs olive oil 

1. Toss together the arugula and cantaloupe with olive oil
2. Top with blueberries and nuts 

✓ fruit
✓ vegetable
✓ fiber
✓ unsaturated fats
✓ protein

Notes: If you're not into arugula, try substituting it with baby spinach. 

Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee