Acme Oyster House, New Orleans


Now that I've been in New Orleans for almost a full week, it's about time to update you on the local cuisine that I have been devouring. Acme Oyster House gets a lot of attention when it comes to these bivalve molluscs. No matter what time you go, there will most certainly be a line. 

I brought my family here early one evening to try to famous charbroiled oysters. They arrived on a platter topped with a generous portion of french bread. The oysters were sizzling hot and bubbling with butter, breadcrumbs, and parmesan cheese. Maybe because it's summer, but the oysters were on the small size. The best part of this dish though is definitely the buttery oil leftover. There's a 100% chance that you will be soaking it all up with the French bread. 

We also shared a gumbo, raw oysters (which they don't scrub down, so watch out for the muck), a whole soft shelled crab, and their signature peacemaker po-boy. Everything was good and all, but damn was that po-boy delicious. It's packed with fried shrimp, oysters, and catfish dressed with some spicy-mayo and served on some crispy thin French bread. My stomach is growling just thinking about it. 

All in all, the oysters were just aiiiiggghhht. It's a great no frills place to bring visitors to try the local flavors. But I'd definitely go back for another one of those po-boys though! ...which I actually did by myself 2 days later. 






Acme Oyster House
724 Iberville Street
New Orleans, LA

Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee