Luzzo's

Did anyone notice that since I've been back in New York that I've been writing fewer and fewer recipe reviews? In the city that never sleeps, I seriously feel like I have been getting less and less shut eye because there just isn't enough hours in a day for it! And without enough hours in a day, I also have less time to set aside to do some serious cooking. But fortunately the trade off is that I get to eat all the wonderful things in my city.



Luzzo's in the East Village has a coal burning oven, which really makes all the difference in making Neapolitan style thin crust pizza. But the magic of the thin crust is that it isn't only crisp, but it is also fluffy... like biting into a cloud. I shared 2 large pies and appetizers with 3 other people, and let me tell you it was just enough, but we all wanted more of the mouthwatering pie. I highly recommend the two pies we ordered:
  • Diavola - tomato sauce, mozzarella, spicy salami, basil
  • Michele - mozzarella, sausage, prosciutto, mushrooms, truffle pate, no tomato sauce

 Luzzo's does not skimp out on ingredients! Both of the pies were generously topped. The Diavola had a great tangy tomato sauce, and the Michele was so fragrant and flowing with truffle. I couldn't tell you which one I enjoyed more (probably the Michele because I am partial towards truffle). But again, even though the toppings and flavors were all so on point, the star was still the fluffy airy crust. You have to try it yourself to understand just how mind blowingly life changing it is. 

The seating is a little cramped and the wait can be a little long, so I recommend either going early or making a reservation with a party bigger than 4. I promise you won't regret it. 

Luzzo's
211 First Avenue
New York, NY

Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee