I took a pasta and sauce making class at Dave's a last year, and learned a bunch of really easy to make at home recipes that I have used several times since. The most memorable was a garlic and oil with fresh herbs and lemon zest sauce, simply because it was SO SIMPLE. However, since that class, I've altered the recipe a bit by adding chicken sausage. This one is definitely a crowd pleaser, so I highly urge you to try it out at home!
For those who prefer seafood instead, I'm making this pasta for dinner tonight with seared scallops instead of chicken sausage, so feel free to get creative with your ingredients.
Fresh herbs & lemon zest angel hair pasta with chicken sausage
1/2-3/4 cup of olive oil
10 cloves of garlic (chopped)
1lb chicken sausage (about 4-6 links, decased and minced)
1 tbl of fresh sage (chopped)
1 tbl of fresh thyme (chopped)
4 tbl of fresh Italian parsley (chopped)
Salt and pepper to taste
2/3-1lb fresh angel hair pasta
1. Bring a pot of water to boil for the angel hair pasta. Remember to salt.
2. Slowly heat the olive oil and garlic in a medium sized sauté pan until lightly toasted.
3. Add the chicken sausage to the pan, and sauté until thoroughly cooked and slightly browned.
4. Remove from heat and add herbs, lemon zest.
5. Add the pasta to the chicken sausage, herbs, and lemon zest. Season with salt and fresh pepper to taste.
5. Drizzle raw high quality extra virgin olive oil over pasta once tossed.