Sandy Baking: Dirty Blondes

Like most people who were given the day off by Hurricane Sandy, I found myself with some free time and stuck indoors. And like most people, I decided to bake it off! So with the limited ingredients I had in my kitchen, I wanted to throw together some blondies. However, I was too tempted to use some of the cocoa powder I had, so my hurricane blondies were then aptly transformed into: DIRTY BLONDES (name credit: Michael Suen, take his social media and identity survey here). The ingredients were everything I already had in my pantry, and it was super easy, so definitely hold on to this one for the next natural disaster that keeps you under house arrest.



Dirty Blondes
1 stick of butter (8tbsp), softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
1 large egg
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chopped nuts (I had almonds, but I would have preferred pecans or walnuts)
1 cup chocolate chips/chunks

1. Preheat oven to 350F. 
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. 
3. Mix in the cocoa powder, then beat in the egg and vanilla extract. 
4. Add salt and fold in the flour. Then mix in nuts and chocolate chips. 
5.Pour mixture into 8x8 baking dish. 
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until set in the middle. 
7. Enjoy with a tall glass of low fat milk! 



Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee