Magnolia Bakery

Everyone knows about Magnolia Bakery. It's no longer a hidden gem in Greenwich Village; it's a destination. It has also recently expanded to several other locations including one in Bloomingdale's (where I purchased all my Thanksgiving pies). As a front runner in the cupcake craze and appearing in Lonely Island's Lazy Sunday and Sex in the City, Magnolia is more than just a neighborhood bakery. There is always a crowd, no matter what time of day or year you go. 

The cupcakes? The cake is a bit crumbly and the icing tastes like over-sweetened sugar. (Butter Lane has my favorite cupcakes, next to Made by Melissa.) I can't imagine finishing an entire Magnolia cupcake by myself. But what I really do like is the banana pudding. It's a wonderful combination of bananas, cake pieces, and what seems like heavy whipping cream; it's great in small doses or frozen. Magnolia is perfect for an afternoon iced coffee with vanilla frosted cake break after a shopping spree on Bleecker Street. 





Magnolia Bakery
401 Bleecker Street 
New York, NY

Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee