Abigail's, Cambridge

I rarely venture out to Kendall, but I went out to dinner with my new friend Michael who currently resides there, and he brought me out to Abigail's for a quick dinner. Abigail's opened up less than a year ago and offers a comfortable dining area with warm lighting and wooden furnishings. 

We started with the night's appetizer special of razor clams in a buttery garlic wine sauce with sausage. (Really, if you go wrong with that sauce, there is no saving you.) Needless to say, I found myself dipping every last crust and crumb of the toasted bread in the garlicky goodness. You don't see razor clams on menus much, so this was a treat. 

For entrees, I ordered smoked lamb sandwich with babaganoush, spicy yogurt, arugula, and pickled red onion on a ciabatta. It was a good sandwich, but I wish the lamb wasn't leaking with juice. My plate was soaked upon my first bite, and it took away from all the other flavors and made the ciabatta a bit soggy after awhile (Landmarc is still my favorite place for a lamb sandwich). Michael ordered BBQ'd brisket with a fried egg on a grilled sesame bun, which was very well flavored and tender; great comfort food choice. We also had a side of brussel sprouts (my favorite) with pancetta. 

Abigail's is definitely an inviting locale that I can see locals visiting time and time again. Hopefully with the warm weather, I'll find myself enjoying their outdoor patio seating soon. And looking at the menu again, I wish I ordered a gouda fries with chicken gravy. 


Razor clams with sausage

Lamb sandwich 

Brussel sprouts with pancetta and BBQ' brisket sandwich



























































Abigail's
291 3rd Street
Cambridge, MA 02142

Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee