Halloween Candy Cookies -- yet another accident

Do you still have a lot of leftover Halloween candy that you're not sure what to do with? I have a simple solution: baking cookies. 


Halloween Candy Cookies
8oz unsalted butter
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tbsp peanut butter
2 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3 cups flour
2/3 cup milk 
1/2 cup chopped Halloween candy (I used mostly chocolate candies) 


Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Cream together the butter, sugar, cocoa powder, peanut butter, eggs, salt, and baking soda. Then sift in the flour and milk until it has a smooth consistency. 
 

Then add all the chopped bits of pieces of Halloween candy and fold it into the dough. 

Finally, scoop them onto a greased sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes. 

...except for some unknown reason, half my cookies were very burnt on the bottom. I swear I'm not doing this to prove that I'm an incompetent baker. Things like this just happen to me. I thought it was weird when smoke was coming out of my oven. Good thing I opened a window and pulled these out before any real damage was done. 

How embarrassing. 

Well, good thing I was able to salvage half the batch! 

And the incredibly unpredictable baking chronicles with Linda Yung will be continued... 

Popular Posts

Image

Purple congee